|INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL – Required|
( including all mandatory software)
|Taylor, B. M. (2010). Introduction to management science (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall.|
|Treeplan add-on for Excel. This software is available in the Open Lab at Strayer campuses, and can also be downloaded from the textbook’s companion Website. http://wps.prenhall.com/bp_taylor_introms_10/112/28870/7390752.cw/-/7390754/index.html|
|Applies quantitative methods to systems management (Decision Theory), and / or methods of decision-making with respect to sampling, organizing, and analyzing empirical data.|
|Upon the successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:|
1. Describe the role of quantitative methods in business decision making.
2. Analyze decision-making problems electronically.
3. Create statistical analysis of simulation results.
4. Apply the most appropriate forecasting method for the properties of the available data. .
5. Solve linear programming problems.
6. Create sensitivity analysis on linear programming model parameters.
7. Apply linear programming models to project management applications.
8. Solve integer-programming problems.
9. Develop solutions for transshipment problems.
10. Use technology and information resources to research issues in Management Science