The Metrics are attached for this assignment in 3 pdf files, This is part One of a Four part assignment that builds on each other. Thank you. If you have further questions regarding this assignment please reach out.
Review the performance dashboard for a health care organization, as well as relevant local, state, and federal laws and policies. Then, write a report for senior leaders in the organization that communicates your analysis and evaluation of the current state of organizational performance, including a recommended metric to target for improvement.
In the era of health care reform, many of the laws and policies set by government at the local, state, and federal levels have specific performance benchmarks related to care delivery outcomes that organizations must achieve. It is critical for organizational success that the interprofessional care team is able to understand reports and dashboards that display the metrics related to performance and compliance benchmarks. This assessment offers an opportunity for you to demonstrate and sharpen your ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate performance dashboard metrics.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze the effects of health care policies, laws, and regulations on organizations, interprofessional teams, and personal practice.
· Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for a heath care organization or an interprofessional team.
· Competency 3: Lead the development and implementation of ethical and culturally sensitive policies that improve health outcomes for individuals, organizations, and populations.
· Advocate for ethical action in addressing a benchmark underperformance, directed toward an appropriate group of stakeholders.
· Competency 4: Evaluate relevant indicators of performance, such as benchmarks, research, and best practices, for health care policies and law for patients, organizations, and populations.
· Evaluate dashboard metrics with regard to benchmarks set by local, state, or federal health care policies or laws.
· Evaluate a benchmark underperformance in a heath care organization or an interprofessional team that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· Competency 6: Apply various methods of communicating with policy makers, stakeholders, colleagues, and patients to ensure that communication in a given situation is professional, clear, efficient, and effective.
· Communicate evaluation and analysis in a professional and effective manner, writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
· Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Structure your report in such a way that it would be easy for a colleague or supervisor to locate the information they need. Be sure to cite relevant local, state, or federal health care laws or policies when evaluating metric performance against prescribed benchmarks. Cite an additional 2–4 credible sources to support your analysis and evaluation of the challenges in meeting the benchmarks, the potential for performance improvement, and your advocacy for ethical action.
Note: The tasks outlined below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide.
In your report, be sure to:
· Evaluate dashboard metrics against the benchmarks set by local, state, or federal health care laws or policies. Attached
· Which metrics are below the mandated benchmarks in the organization? Evaluate weaknesses within the entire set of benchmarks.
· What are the local, state, or federal health care laws or policies that set these benchmarks?
· Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for the organization or for an interprofessional team.
· What are the specific challenges or opportunities that the organization or interprofessional team might have in meeting the benchmarks? For example, consider:
· The strategic direction of the organization.
· The organization’s mission.
· Available resources:
· Operational and capital funding.
· Physical space.
· Support services (any ancillary department that supports a specific care unit in the organization, such as a pharmacy, cleaning services, and dietary services).
· Cultural diversity in the organization.
· Cultural diversity in the community.
· Organizational processes and procedures.
· How might these challenges be contributing to benchmark underperformance?
· Evaluate a benchmark underperformance in the organization or interprofessional team that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· Which metric is underperforming its benchmark by the greatest degree?
· Which benchmark underperformance is the most widespread throughout the organization or interprofessional team?
· Which benchmark affects the greatest number of patients?
· Which benchmark affects the greatest number of staff?
· How does this underperformance affect the community the organization serves?
· Where is the greatest opportunity for improvement in the overall quality or performance of the organization or interpersonal team—and ultimately in patient outcomes?
· Advocate for ethical action in addressing the benchmark underperformance that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· At which group of stakeholders should your advocacy be directed? Which group could be expected to take the appropriate action to improve the benchmark metric?
· What are some ethical actions that the stakeholder group could take that support improved benchmark performance?
· Why should the stakeholder group take action?
· Communicate your findings and recommendations in a professional and effective manner.
· Ensure that your report is well organized and easy to read.
· Write clearly and logically, using correct grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Integrate relevant sources to support your arguments, correctly formatting source citations and references using current APA style.
· Did you cite relevant local, state, or federal health care laws or policies when discussing the mandated benchmarks?
· Did you cite an additional 2–4 credible sources to support your analysis, evaluation, and advocacy?
The post Health Care Policy appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.