In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
1. This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
2. You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
3. Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130
4. Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
5. Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed: https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process
Include the following information in your presentation
· Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
· Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
· Bill summary (in your own words)
· Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
· How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
· How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
· How might this bill impact your community?
· References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
· No more than 12 slides