In this portion of your report you will research the annual report of your chosen company and begin to formulate an opinion of the current overall financial health of the company and its health in the recent past. You will the information from Walmart’s annual reports to analyze the company’s current and recent financial condition and complete the content within this section.
· Using the financial reports of Walmart, evaluate the financial performance of the company by creating a complete financial statement review.
· Review all three accounting statements (Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statements, and Income Statement) and compare each of these statements to statements for the previous three years. – Documents can be found in a recent annual report, in the company’s 10K filing, or on the U.S. Securities and exchange Commission EDGAR database https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html
o Describe any positive or negative trends that emerge from the accounting statement data and comparisons, providing a detailed explanation of the factors that lead to these trends. (is there anything that is unique to Walmart that indicates positive or negative trends?)
o Assess potential weaknesses in the financial statements for your company.
· Take a look at their competitor Target. How do they compare to your findings on Walmart
· Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
· Must use at least two industry or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.