Unit VII Assignment
Recall your chosen firm , Joe’s Shoe Company (see attachedment). For this assignment, you will identify the top three major safety and health issues in your firm, and write a policy on each, consistent with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards. There is a minimum requirement of 300 words for each of the three job policies.
Each of the five domains of OSHA must be considered when writing these three policies:
1. Hazard communication: How will you notify people of potentially dangerous or unhealthy work conditions?
2. Blood-borne pathogens: How will you protect employees from blood-borne pathogens such as AIDS?
BHR 3352, Human Resource Management 6
3. Personal protective equipment (PPE): What equipment or tools will your employees in this job require to work safely?
4. Cumulative trauma disorders (CTDs): How will you prevent CTDs that come from repetitive movement (e.g., carpel tunnel syndrome)?
5. Work assignments: How will you handle potentially dangerous work assignments, especially to protect unborn babies?
NOTE: This is a three-part assignment. All three of the policies (300 words each) you write should go on one document. This one document is what will be uploaded to Blackboard.