Sagecrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Las Cruces, NM has been identified by Medicare as a “special focus facility” and is in danger of losing its certification status with CMS. You have been hired as a consultant to evaluate and improve this facility. Based on what you have learned about long term care services, policies and regulations, you are to prepare a brief report that provides recommendations for improvement.
Use the web to find pertinent information with which to guide your recommendations. Some important resources may include:
· Nursing Home Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.html
· State of New Mexico Nursing Home Regulations: http://www.hpm.umn.edu/nhregsplus/NHRegs_by_State/New%20Mexico/NM%20Complete%20Regs.pdf
· CMS.gov – Nursing Homes: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/provider-enrollment-and-certification/certificationandcomplianc/nhs.html
· Federal Nursing Home Regulations and State Laws: http://www.nursinghomealert.com/federal-nursing-home-regulations-and-state-laws
· Facility website ( http://www.sagecrestrehabilitation.com/ ). IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT contact the site directly. This is a learning exercise. Since you are not actual consultants, contacting the facility directly would be inappropriate.
In your report, include the following:
Summary of identified problems
Relevant policy that guides nursing home practice
Prioritized list of recommendations
Suggested action plan for implementing changes
Your report should be 3-4 pages in length, page length does not include the title page, tables, graphs, charts, pictures or reference page.. The paper should be double-spaced with 1” margins on all sides. Format, in-text citations and references should adhere to APA format.
The post Relevant policy that guides nursing home practice appeared first on Nursing Assignments Desk.