Select an official Native American group (one on the official federal list) from the list at http://www.ncsl.org/research/state-tribal-institute/list-of-federal-and-state-recognized-tribes.aspx. Be sure to choose a group for which sufficient information can be found to prvide facts and examples.
Research information about your group using at least two peer reviewed outside sources.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper.
Organize your paper as an essay with introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
Specifically answer these questions:
• Where are they located in the U.S. today?
• Were they forcibly removed from their ancestral lands? How?
• Do they have a reservation today?
• What is their legal standing with the U.S. government?
• How many enrolled members are there in the tribe?
• How is tribal membership defined?
• What form of government do they practice? Can both men and women be on the governing body?
• Do they have an official language other than English or Spanish? Is the language taught in Indian schools?
The post What form of government do they practice? Can both men and women be on the governing body? appeared first on Homework Handlers.